Breakfast in America: "American Diner Breakfast in Paris!" Top 5 Page for this destination Breakfast in America Tip by BeatChick

Breakfast in America, Paris: 7 reviews and 9 photos

2x2x2 - Scrambled eggs, bacon, & pancakes

2x2x2 - Scrambled eggs, bacon, & pancakes
      Parisian Teens Enjoying their Club Sandwiches
      Breakfast in America
    by BeatChick

After watching a movie at Action Ecoles Cinema, I decided to hop next door to have dinner southern style, a late breakfast at Breakfast in America.

If you hanker for an American diner experience, this is the place to be. Don?t be surprised if you find the place filled to the brim, as I did, with French teenagers all eating Club sandwiches!

FINALLY! It was at Breakfast in America, an American-owned company that I was finally able to score a Cafés Richard cup for my friend, Susan. As I was paying my bill, I noticed they had the cups so I asked if I could buy a set. Oh no, we can't sell you a whole set, he said, but we can give you a cup & saucer. Oui - that's all I want is a cup & saucer. Okay, but I won't sell it to you, I'll give it to you. How sweet! This makes BIA one of my favorite places in Paris now.

Susan has since e-mailed the proprietor & thanked him for his generosity.

Also, julieaboston wrote to me:
there is a store Cafe Richard that should sell the cups. Its on Rue de Bretagne.
We love their coffee and stumbled on this store so we buy the bean to make
coffee at our apartment when we are there.

I believe that address is:
45, rue de Bretagne

Favorite Dish: I opted for the 2x2x2 breakast (Deuces Wild): 2 Pancakes, 2 pieces of real American bacon, 2 scrambled eggs (nice, dry scrambled eggs) and pancake syrup. Real maple syrup extra!

At 7.50?, it's a bit more than what you'd expect to pay in the States, but hey, when in Paris it's always a good option if you've a hankering for home!

Photos: February 2006

Address: 17, rue des Ecoles, 5th
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Located in the Latin Quarter just east of rue Monge. It's halfway between either métro station mentioned below, so either is a good choice.

Métros: Maubert-Mutualité or Cardinal-Lemoine (both on Ligne 10)

Phone: 01 43 54 50 28
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 5
Theme: Breakfast
Website: http://www.breakfast-in-america.com/

• Updated May 10, 2008

Comments

BeatChick Visits Here Frequently!

BeatChick

“When good Americans die, they go to Paris. ~ Oscar Wilde”

Have you been to Paris?