"Pyramids of course!!!" Ruinas Chichén-Itzá Things to Do Tip by Jawnuta
Ruinas Chichén-Itzá Things to Do: 287 reviews and 491 photos
If you go to Chichen-itza on one of the tourist busses, your trip will be organized for you containing Chichen-itza ruins, lunch in Piste touristy restaurant, small colonial town Valladolid, and swimming in the cenote.
However if you travel like we do, renting a car and driving wherever you want and however you want, I have few advices for you.
First of all everybody advises to get to Chichen-itza before 11 am (since at 11 all the busses are pulling in). I thing the best time is to go there right before 2 pm. Here is why.
1. the paring lot right at front of the ruins is empty after 2, so you don't have to walk far.
2. all the busses are long gone.
3. sun is already low, so you will not pass out from getting overheated (the ruins are in the open field for the most part, so it gets unbearable hot)
4. you still have enough day light to see what you need to see.
5. Restaurant in Piste are meant for tourist who have no taste buds
6. If you leave Chichen-itza at 4 pm you will still have enough time to get to Valladolid.
7. when you get to Valladolid refer to mine Valladolid page for instructions.
8. Driving at night on the highway from Valladolid to Cancun (or wherever your hotel is) is actually very nice. Long but nice. There is no traffic, you stay on the right, sometimes some local brand new car will pass you and that's it.The road is very smooth. (refer to my transportation tips)
Did I mentioned, you will not have to get up at 6 on the morning. You will have plenty of time to have your breakfast, and to relax before your trip?
Directions: next to town named Piste. On the highway between Cancun and Merida
Jawnuta's Related Pages
Have you been to Ruinas Chichén-Itzá?Share Your Travels