"Jewish Heritage - Yeshua Tova Synagogue" Top 5 Page for this destination Bucharest Things to Do Tip by Romanian_Bat
Bucharest Things to Do: 767 reviews and 1,768 photos
Yeshua Tova Synagogue was built in 1827, also being called "Podul Mogosoaiei" (as a reference to Calea Victoriei Avenue it lay close to). This is the oldest synagogue in the city still in service. It was modified later, being added the facade along the street, which follows the monumental triptic concept. The synagogue has thrones placed to the sides of the Chivot, meant for important guests. On the street facade, it bears a relief depicting the ten commandments. It can host 300 people inside and it is only open when there is service inside.
Address: 9 Take Ionescu Street
Directions: It lies close to Amzei Square, near a post office.
More Things to Do in Bucharest (124)
More Reviews (69)
- See All No go restaurants in Bucharest
- See All The Best Conference Area in Town
- See All Different rooms and mixed crowds
- See All Old Books, Music and Art
- See All The Bucharest Driver (TM) - Lawless...
- See All Cycling through Bucharest
Romanian_Bat's Related Pages
Have you been to Bucharest?Share Your Travels