"Bauman Street" Top 5 Page for this destination Kazan' Things to Do Tip by ozalp

Kazan' Things to Do: 105 reviews and 284 photos

General view
      General view
      Church at the end
  • Church - Kazan'
    by ozalp

This is the most famous street of Kazan. Everybody compared it to Istiklal Street of Istanbul. It is less crowded and less shiny but as a matter of fact, both streets have many in common.
It is a pedestrian street. There are several shops, some churches, an old and classy hotel, and many monuments over the street. Also there is a wire system which broadcast music to street. You listen to the same tune during your walk and this is a luxury we don?t have on Istiklal Street.
There are several restaurants (some Turkish restaurants, as well), some cafés on Bauman Street. I walked through it from University area to Kremlin. The street changes into a small, narrow road near Kremlin. But there are some old and beautiful (but some of them are about to collapse) buildings. I wished to enter the wooden church but it was getting dark and I was starving.
I?m sure this street will be much more crowded in spring or summer and I?m sure it will have more things to offer.

• Written Jan 3, 2008

“I like my town with a little drop of poison.”

Have you been to Kazan'?