"Au Soleil de la Butte" Top 5 Page for this destination Movies and Paris Tip by BeatChick
Movies and Paris, Paris: 34 reviews and 106 photos
In Montmartre on the east side of Sacré-Coeur at the bottom of the steps of rue Maurice Utrillo sits the café Au Soleil de la Butte. You'll find the spot where it meets rue Paul Albert, rue Muller, and rue Charles Nodier. This café is shown in the 1995 film version of Sabrina. This is where Sabrina (Julia Ormond) quotes Gertrude Stein in a letter to her father shortly before she triumphantly returns home. The camera shows her sitting serenely on the terrace, then pans back to show it beautifully from the vantage point of rue Maurice Utrillo (the steps).
We also see it in L?Auberge Espagnole (The Spanish Apartment) when Xavier (Romain Duris) returns to Paris from his year of studies in Barcelona and happens upon his ex-girlfriend Martine played by Audrey Tatou.
It?s also glimpsed briefly in a background shot in The Razor's Edge when Isabel (played to evil perfection by the normally pristine Catherine Hicks) and Gray (James Keach) drop off Larry (Bill Murray) and Sophie (Theresa Russell) from their taxi.
Just to the left is the spot where Meg Ryan & Kevin Kline argue over money in French Kiss.
Photos: February 2006 & November 2007
othercontact: Address: 32, rue Muller 75018
More Off The Beaten Path in Paris (85)
More Reviews (291)
- See All Musée de l'Orangerie - Nymphéas (Water...
- See All People Watching while Dining at the...
- See All Interactive Maps for Paris
- See All Hotels in Montmartre near Metro Stations
- See All Chromatic Bis
- See All Leaving Lost Belongings in an Obvious...
- See All Saving Money with Movie Passes
- See All Anthony Bourdain's Absinthe Bar!
- See All Gold Ring Scam
- See All Joggers in Paris
- See All Leather Boots of all Persuasions
- See All Kissing Oscar's Grave
BeatChick's Related Pages
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels