"New Mexico RailRunner now goes to Belen!" Belen Transportation Tip by Cruiseone2003

Belen Transportation: 1 reviews and 4 photos

RailRunner Train, notice Roadrunner motife on side

RailRunner Train, notice Roadrunner motife on side
      Belen Railrunner Station sign
      My nephew and I, Belen Railrunner Station
      Sunset through the tree's, Belen, NM
    by Cruiseone2003

I needed to get from the North of Albuquerque to Belen to visit a friend for the day so I had the perfect excuse to try out Albquerque's "Rail Runner" which is a rail link from Sandoval County serving Rio Rancho Communities in the North through Downtown Albuquerque and South to Los Lunas and Belen.
I have to say the ride was pleasant, trains were on time, very clean, the staff were nice and thanked us for riding the rail runner. The train is about 1-2years old and it's taking some getting used to for the locals who normally get around by car.
I bought a day pass for $3 which is good for unlimited rides for the day;suchadeal! The station in Belen is near the old Santa Fe Railroad station, just a walk across the overpass and you are in downtown Belen, only a 15minute walk.
If you are flying into Albuquerque (ABQ) there is a bus that will take you to the train station (Bernalillo county/Int'l Sunport) form here you can go North or South.

Mode: TO
Type: Train
Website: http://www.nmrailrunner.com

• Updated Dec 29, 2007

Comments

Cruiseone2003 Visits Here Frequently!

Cruiseone2003

“A journey is best measured in friends rather than miles (Tim Cahill)”

Have you been to Belen?