"Friendly and Secure" Marlborough Hostel Tip by SullyBiz

6 bed mixed dorm

6 bed mixed dorm
      Computer area
    by SullyBiz

This place was recommended by a friend as she had had a great time here. I didn't have many options as I was booking last minute so I was lucky enough to find they had beds available. Even luckier that my friend and I were the only ones in the room on a Thursday night (it was full up by Friday).

Most of the people on staff were quite friendly. We even took one of them out drinking with us one night. And there is someone on duty 24/7. We met a lot of people and it wasn't just students staying here which was nice for a hostel. It wasn't too noisy at night either so you can actually sleep here.

The beds are a little small but they provide linens and towels. They have internet access (I think 1 euro gets you 30 min), a game room, a tv room, and even a bbq area. They also provide continental breakfast in the kitchen (although I was never up to take advantage of it).

It's also very secure. They buzz you in the door into the check-in area where you pick up your room key. You leave your key at the desk everytime you leave and pick it up when you come back. No one is allowed in that isn't staying there. There are also lockers under all the beds, they provide locks for a deposit which you will get back at check-out.

I would stay here again.

Address: 81-82 Marlborough Street, , Dublin, County Dublin
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Parallel to O'Connell St, a 5 - 10 minute walk across the river to Temple Bar. The Airlink actually dropped us off right in front of the hostel.
Phone: 0800 081 1680, 874 7629
Price: US$20-40
Theme: Hostel
Website: http://www.marlboroughhostel.com

• Updated Jan 3, 2008

Comments

SullyBiz

“I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.”

Have you been to Dublin?