Petterino's: "Loop-popular pre theater option" Top 5 Page for this destination Petterino's Tip by Dabs

Petterino's, Chicago: 3 reviews and 2 photos

Last visit October 2013 before seeing "We Will Rock You", you can valet park and pick up your car after the show, valet parking was free if you check in before 1 pm, at least on Sunday for brunch

This was my 5th time visiting Petterino's, one of the closest and most popular restaurants in the theater district, less than a block from the Goodman and the Oriental Theaters. You can make reservations on Open Table. They asked us if we had tickets and to what show, they are very used to handling the pre theater crowd here and make sure that you get out on time.

Reservations are essential if a show is playing nearby, you will not likely to be able to get a table between 5:30pm and 8pm most nights. I've never been here when it wasn't extremely bus. Petterino's menu and atmosphere are appropriate for kids.

The restaurant is dimly lit, the walls covered with caricatures of famous Chicagoans and other restaurant visitors, seating in comfortable booths or at tables.

Favorite Dish: The menu is what I would call classic old school, lots of steaks, seafood and Italian, nothing terribly fancy. There is a pre theater prix fixe option, three courses for $29.95, make sure you add up the parts as some of the offerings on the prix fixe don't give you much savings. I ordered just an entree, the crab cakes, which were good and shared the calamari appetizer with someone and the tiramisu with someone else. The portions sizes aren't huge here like many other Chicago restaurants but I was plenty full when I left, just no leftovers.

Before a Sunday matinee in January 2012, I was a little disappointed to find that they only had a brunch menu until 2 pm. The menu was mostly breakfast food but there were a few options for lunch food. I ordered the crab cake eggs benedict which was pretty good, the best part of my meal was from the dessert cart that they roll around, a chocolate pots de creme.

Address: 150 North Dearborn Street at Randolph
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: In the Loop, next door to the Goodman Theatre. Valet parking for theater and the show is currently $14, they had our car waiting for us when we got out, valet is on Dearborn, not Randolph. Cheaper than the nearby garages and very convenient
Phone: (312) 422-0150
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 4
Theme: Steakhouse

• Updated Nov 29, 2013

Dabs Lives Here!

“Never put off til tomorrow what you can do today”

Have you been to Chicago?