"Tea craze (drink it ... with moderation)" Beijing Restaurant Tip by ntm2322

Beijing Restaurants: 709 reviews and 938 photos

Nothing better than a glass of tea! - see next pic

Nothing better than a glass of tea! - see next pic
    by ntm2322
      A tea leaf (before and after being soaked)
    by ntm2322

Nowadays everyone hears of the advantages of drinking tea, especially green tea.
I agree, green tea, black tea, herbal tea, they all are great tea drinks. However, you should learn more in order to receive more benefits from tea.

I do like to drink tea and in all these years I have lived in Asia I have experienced a wide range of teas.

I would like now to share with you some important points about drinking tea. And if you have some ideas to share with me, please, do, I am always eager to learn something new (Thank you).

- Tea contains flavonoids, fluoride and no calories, what makes it one of the best drinks of our planet. And besides all the benefits one can get from tea, tea is a cheap drink;

- Tea also contains caffeine, avoid drinking it at night. For your information there is less caffeine in tea than in an equal amount of coffee (about one-third less);

- Brewed tea gives more health benefits than instant tea. I also brew my tea with tea leaves, although I know that tea bags are as potent as loose tea in their health benefits;

- If you are a person whose levels of iron tend to be low, be careful, drinking tea blocks the absorption of iron. Regular blood donors, this message is especially for you. If you do enjoy drinking tea, then, drink it between meals. What a big mistake eating a beef, spinach salad and drinking tea at the same time;

- Yes, tea is a healthy drink but don?t exaggerate, don?t need to drink too much, like anything else. For instance, chocolate is good for your heart and overall health as long as you don?t ?cross the line?, otherwise you might get an extra pound. With tea is exactly the same, drink it with moderation. I drink one glass of tea per day utmost;

- Black tea is much more effective than green tea after eating a quite heavy greasy meal;

- Drinking tea with medication or drinking tea while on medication is a big mistake;

- Don?t drink tea on an empty stomach, it may cause dizziness;

- If you care so much about caffeine, reduce brewing time to more or less one minute.

Price Comparison: least expensive
Rating: 5
Theme: Local

• Updated Dec 16, 2007

Comments

ntm2322 Visits Here Frequently!

ntm2322

“Know your world, be a better person”

Have you been to Beijing?