"A Let Down" Hanoi Backpackers Hostel Tip by anoum

Dorm for ten

Dorm for ten
      Front view of hostel
    by anoum

Based on the good reviews on the net, I decided to book a room at this hostel by emailing it directly. After there was a correction in the charges quoted (they had quoted a price more expensive than that advertised on their web site), I confirmed our booking. We arrived at Hanoi at about 6 pm local time but our pick-up car which we booked through this hostel was late and we finally arrived at the hostel at almost 8 pm. The man who accompanied us from the airport scolded us as we alighted for being jolly and noisy in the car. Worse, we found that there was overbooking in the hostel and instead of the 4-pax room we had booked, we had to split up and stay in dorms which hold ten persons. When I paid for our accomadation in US dollars, I was given the change in Dong although the change due to me was large enough to be in US dollars.

Unique Qualities: It seems very popular as it was crowded with people and luggage left behind by their owners who had gone on short trips out of Hanoi. Clean and adequate. Good flushing system in toilets. Many places request used toilet papers to be thrown into bins or else the pipe gets blocked. We moved out the next morning as my friends were not happy about what had happened.

Address: 48 Ngo Huyen St Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, VN
Price Comparison: about average
Phone: +84 4 3938 1464
Price: less than US$20
Theme: Hostel
Website: http://www.hanoibackpackershostel.com/

• Updated Dec 16, 2007

More Hotels in Hanoi (1)

Comments

anoum

“Every day is a lucky day!”

Have you been to Hanoi?