Cantada II: "Anthony Bourdain's Absinthe Bar!" Top 5 Page for this destination Paris Nightlife Tip by BeatChick
Paris Nightlife: 693 reviews and 755 photos
If you're American and really love travel, no doubt you've seen Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations show on The Travel Channel (thank God, they now have some real travel shows on there)! His first ever show featured Paris, the City of Light, most likely because he's half-French and because he was the famous chef of a famous French restaurant in NYC called Les Halles.
Tony has written many cookbooks and books about the restaurant industry (Kitchen Confidential being the most notable) and is known for his take-no-prisoners take on life. This includes his adventurous eating of such things as the beating heart of a cobra in Asia and sucking out the innards of seal eyeballs in Quebec with the Inuits.
While in Paris, our fearless chef embarked on a search for la fee verte, the green fairy, real absinthe. He found it here, folks, in the 11th arrondissement, a working-class area of Paris.
Photo: November 2007
Dress Code: No coat, no tie, NO RESERVATIONS!
Address: 13, rue Moret, Paris, France 75011
Directions: On a small street near boulevard de Belleville, tucked squarely between rue Oberkampf and rue Jean-Pierre Timbaud.
Metro: Menilmontant or Couronnes
Phone: 01 48 05 96 89
Theme: Eating and Drinking
More Reviews (360)
- See All Musée de l'Orangerie - Nymphéas (Water...
- See All People Watching while Dining at the...
- See All Interactive Maps for Paris
- See All Hotels in Montmartre near Metro Stations
- See All Chromatic Bis
- See All Philippe-Auguste Wall (l'Enceinte): Part...
- See All Leaving Lost Belongings in an Obvious...
- See All Saving Money with Movie Passes
- See All Gold Ring Scam
- See All Joggers in Paris
- See All Leather Boots of all Persuasions
- See All Kissing Oscar's Grave
BeatChick's Related Pages
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels