Radisson: "High end hotel on Palm Beach" Top 5 Page for this destination Aruba Hotel Tip by Dabs

Aruba Hotels: 110 reviews and 145 photos

Radisson pool
    by Dabs

I booked the Radisson after reading glowing reviews in both guidebooks and websites and while it was a nice hotel, it was a lot more expensive than the midrange hotels and I wished I had saved the extra money and booked a different property as it wasn't a good value for us.

Nothing besides the room was included, we did get a $100 food and beverage credit but otherwise you had to pay extra for all food and drink, no watersports were included, some people were even paying extra for the better located palapas.

The Radisson is in the high rise hotel area in Palm Beach, I liked the beach here although Eagle Beach is a nicer beach, Palm Beaches hotels all have palapas which is a must for me and my fair skin. We were always able to get a palapa but I imagine in high season you have to go stand in line at 4 pm every day to reserve one.

Unique Qualities: Check in was a little rough, they first tried to give us double beds, then they were going to put us on the ground floor, finally we ended up in Room 3310 in the Curacao Tower with a king bed and our view was the Westin and Riu next door (we paid for a garden view, not sure what view we actually got.) The room was large and well decorated, the bed was a sleep number bed which I didn't care for at all. The refrigerator was broken in our room and others, I think this might be intentional so you don't store things in your room. Minibar was removed, one of the lamps didn't work. Room had an ironing board, cheap hair dryer, in room safe.

Bathroom-toiletries included soap, shampoo, conditioner, and lotion plus bathrobes. Towels were OK but not fluffy. Water pressure pretty low but plenty of hot water. Bathroom door wasn't solid, had slats, so you didn't really have privacy in the bathroom.

The grounds and pool were probably among the nicest in Aruba, lush grounds and a zero entry pool that went on forever. Very few people hung out at the pool so it was very quiet.

There were many restaurants in the Palm Beach area, restaurants in Eagle Beach or Oranjestad are a short cab or bus ride away. The best restaurant we ate at on this trip was at our hotel, The Sunset Grill, and so was the worst, Gilligan's.

Address: Palm Beach
Comparison: more expensive than average
Price: US$180 and up
Theme: Hotel

• Updated Dec 17, 2007

Comments

Dabs

“Never put off til tomorrow what you can do today”

Have you been to Aruba?