"My room looked nothing like the picture" Hyatt Regency Monterey Tip by myca99

Hyatt Regency Monterey, Monterey: 2,715 reviews and 9 photos

I was fairly disappointed in my stay at this hotel. Seeing the picture above, I thought my room would have the wood beams and a balcony, but in reality, the rooms are plain and sort of run down. My furniture was fairly beat up, my room door opens up to a fairly obscure and dark area between buildings, which made me feel kind of vulnerable here in the off season. This hotel doesn't cater to the business traveler very well, the desk is in a nook away from the TV, there was no hardwire internet connection, and there is no continental breakfast here. The bathrooms have a pedestal sink and I kept dropping my toiletries due to lack of space.

While they are renovating some of the buildings, the only views on the property seem to be those of the golf course from the restaurant. They are renovating some of the buildings. Those appear to have interior hallways leading to the room instead of the weird motel layout of some of the other buildings.

Unique Qualities: The hotel has a nice area for having drinks or discussing business in the hotel lobby, comprised of couches and comfortable arm chairs and fireplaces. There is a golf course on site, but I didn't see it.

Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Next to Naval Post Graduate School. Near Old Fisherman's Warf.
Phone: +1 831-372-1234
Price: US$120-180
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.monterey.hyatt.com

• Written Dec 12, 2007

Have you been to Monterey?