Casablanca Beach Resort: "Cheap and VERY BASIC hotel at Candolim" Goa Hotel Tip by vickss

Goa Hotels: 378 reviews and 424 photos

Given its size it should hardly call itself a resort.. I mean its really small.
Just to give an idea the pool is 10 ft by 15 ft max and its the biggest open space in the hotel.
I stayed here for 4 nights spending Rs 11,000(about $ 275) on a bed and breakfast basis for two people.
I had read people saying it is basic but I never expected THIS BASIC.
I mean the rooms are fine.. in two separate rooms with one having the bed and the other a small one with some chairs and a refrigerator(for home use.. not the one you would expect in a hotel with the plus pulled out and a message saying for using you need to pay an extra $1.5.. hey.. the price is nothing but I though this was pretty unwelcoming..)
The worst part was breakfast.. They only had bread with choice of butter/jam and tea and one juice. Thats it.. for everything else you needed to order separately and the price for those items seems to have been borrowed from 5 star hotels. I had ordered omlettes and by the time it reached us it was cold.
Its on one of the smallish roads which leads to the Candolim beach and that way has a decent location but I guess its space constraint is a lil too big for me and even the service was not upto the mark.. Despite reminding again and again the guys didnt chainge my bed sheets.. everyday they used to clean the room and remake the bed with the same sheets.. I dont know what was their problem. I would recommend this to only those who are on a tight budget and yet want to stay close to the beach.. or to someone whos on a long vacation and does not want to spend much on hotels as he/she would be out most of the time enjoying goa.

Unique Qualities: Only the rooms two blocks with a balcony.. so the rooms themselves were spacious and the bathroom was also decent in size and clean but otherwise very basic..

Food was okish(We had only one night) breakfast was bad.. service was poor.. reception was kinda ok..

Price Comparison: about average
Directions: When you hit the main Candolim road intersection while coming from Panjim.. take left and immediately turn right.. Its a few blocks away and is one of the last properties before the Candolim beach
Price: US$20-40
Theme: Hotel

• Written Dec 12, 2007

Comments

vickss

“Enjoy”