"Tang huo shao (baked sweeten wheaten cake)" Beijing Restaurant Tip by ntm2322
Beijing Restaurants: 709 reviews and 938 photos
Every time I go to Beijing I must eat at least a couple of tang2 huo3 shao1.
This cake is amazing delicious and what makes it more interesting is that tang huo shao has been around for more than 300 years.
Tang huo shao is made of:
- Wheat flour
- Sesame paste
- Brown sugar
- Sweet osmanthus
- Baking powder
This cake belongs to the group of Beijing traditional snacks, you should try one when you come to Beijing. You won't find this cake in the supermarket or cake shop, only in places that sell traditional snacks. Ask your tour guide to buy some for you.
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: - Nanlaishun Xiaochidian, Caishikou, Xuanwu District;
- Fangshan Fanzhuang, to the north of Qiongdao (Beihai Park);
- Huguosi Traditional Snack Food Store, 93 Huguosi Dajie;
- Di'anmen Traditional Snack Food Store, 180 Di'anmenwai Dajie.
More Reviews (72)
- See All Learning more about Chinese people (2)
- See All Spring Festival ? most important customs...
- See All You're a foreigner, you are supposed to...
- See All Jing3 tai4 lan2 (cloisonné), inherently...
- See All Beijing?s ?art students?
- See All Li2 yuan2 ju4 chang3 (Pear Garden...
ntm2322's Related Pages
Have you been to Beijing?Share Your Travels