"ST. LUCIA never again!" Caribbean and Central America Tourist Trap Tip by rw-bigfoot

looking down bridge st. from the ship
by rw-bigfoot

I only write this to save someone from getting in trouble in St. Lucia

We were going to take the local mini bus which are in the market area turn left going out of the port and it's on the left. We were lied to by more than one person about were the buses were and wanted us to take their expensive taxi ride. We ended up not getting into a mini bus it was jsut too dangerous.

we were walking back to the ship and seen a group of young girls with a young man with them form our ship and one of the locals were feeling up her arms.
as I passed them I said don't let him touch you that way and when I looked back to see if they moved away from him he was putting his hand up the front of her shirt!

Well I turned around and Ray seen me headed back there and Ray got it front of the BUM and he took off in a hurry and didn't wait for Ray to take his hands off her. This was so disrespectful to a woman. The young man that was with them didn't know how to treat a woman either.

SO a word if you have young girls going on a trip and even if they have a man accompanying them make sure they have respect for women, will take care of them.
I couldn't believe this man that was with them let this happen. This could have turned real bad fast!
They didn't speak english so I couldn't talk with the girls but they knew where we stood on touching from men.

• Updated Dec 9, 2007

Comments

rw-bigfoot

“Yesterday is History, Tomorrow a Mystery, and Today is a Gift! Live Life Today, You're not promised tomorrow!”

Have you been to Caribbean and Central America?