"Jugem Japanese Restaurant (Alvarado) - CLOSED" Top 5 Page for this destination Monterey Restaurant Tip by Ewingjr98
Monterey Restaurants: 207 reviews and 387 photos
In July 2009 Jugem was destroyed by fire. No telling if or when they'll reopen. This is the second fire in a historic building on Alvarado Street in two years.
One of seemingly dozens of sushi houses in Monterey (along with Pink Tuna, Sapporo, Ocean Sushi, Crystal Fish, Sakura, Kawa, Ishi Riki, Fuji, and more). Jugem has a prime location in the heart of Old Town, but not much else to distinguish it from others in the area. The four of us had the chirashi one night, which was good, but relatively expensive at $20 per person. The miso was good, and the beer cold.
Address: Alvarado Street, Monterey
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Heart of downtown Monterey
More Restaurants in Monterey (82)
More Reviews (162)
- See All Visitors Center & Old French Consulate
- See All East Village Cafe (Washington St) - Old...
- See All Cherry's Jubilee
- See All Haunted Monterey
- See All El Estero Park
- See All Old Monterey Railroad Station
- See All Used books and records in New Monterey
- See All Dirt Track Racing at Watsonville's Ocean...
- See All InterContinental The Clement - Cannery...
- See All Storms and big waves
- See All The Monterey Bay Aquarium on Summer...
- Monterey Weather
Ewingjr98's Related Pages
Have you been to Monterey?Share Your Travels