"a part of the whole thing" Top 5 Page for this destination Provincia de Cotopaxi Favorite Tip by richiecdisc

Provincia de Cotopaxi Favorites: 10 reviews and 13 photos

most covet reflection of Cotopaxi
by richiecdisc

Fondest memory: In the course of the next two days we would get even luckier. We got photos of Cotopaxi perfectly reflected in mirror flat Laguna Limpiopungo just minutes before the wind picked up. There were herds of wild horses with luminescent volcanoes in the background. We even caught red glowing light on Cotopaxi’s peak at sunset. We had also had the entire park to ourselves, not seeing a soul since parting with our cab mates until miraculously meeting an Ecuadorian father and his two young sons, who kindly drove us not only out of the park but all the way back to our hostel.

The reflection was my most sought after photo from the entire planning phase of our Ecuador adventure. I even remarked after that I could go home right then and be perfectly content with the whole trip. But somehow it was this first morning that seems most satisfying in my memory. Was it the elemental surprise of peeping from the tent to see the magic one greeting us good morning? Escaping a mad bull that’d lost his way? Or as with many things was it just the first feeling that you get when you do something you’d not done in ages, not only finally knowing you can do it, but being there, a part of the whole thing.

• Written Dec 5, 2007

Comments

richiecdisc

“fairy tales can come true...”

Have you been to Provincia de Cotopaxi?