"The Power Plant" Top 5 Page for this destination Art Musea / galleries Tip by Paul2001

Art Musea / galleries, Toronto: 5 reviews and 4 photos

The Power Plant
by Paul2001

The Power Plant is an art gallery dedicated to contemporary art located along Toronto's Harbourfront. The building began it's life in 1926 as a plant for heating and refrigeration. In 1980 it was turned into an art gallery when the city of Toronto began to restore this area and turned into Harbourfront. This is an art gallery that is definitely not for everyone. This is because it primarily a gallery dedicated to contemporary art which I know can be very startling for people who do see a lot of it. Personally I think that the Power Plant can be very much a hit or miss sort of place. Many times I have visited and have been quite fascinated. Other times I have entered and asked myself why I bothered. Fortunately it is not very expensive to visit the Power Plant being just $5.00 the last time I dropped by. However if you are not open minded about art or easily offended you should be warned that this is a place that you might want to skip. You will probably walk around with a puzzled look.
The gallery is open from noon to 6pm Tuesday to Sunday.

Phone: (416) 973-4949
Website: http://www.thepowerplant.org

• Updated Dec 5, 2007

Comments

Paul2001 Lives Here!

Paul2001

“Follow your spirit!”

Have you been to Toronto?