"Impersonal and shabby" Antoinette Hotel Tip by glittergal4091

Antoinette Hotel, Kingston upon Thames: 757 reviews and 0 photos

I stayed for a week at the beginning of November 2007. The staff were pleasant enough but I felt dissatisifed by the difference between what I had been expecting from their web presence and what I actually got.
The room was nice but small and the bathroom was falling apart. Part of the hot tap came away in my hand so I left it on the sink, expecting the room staff to notice it and fix it. Instead it stayed like that. My shower was not enjoyable either - more water came out the side of the head than the holes in the bottom.
I ate in the restaurant one night and although the food was nice the staff could have been more interested and it was over-priced for what you get. A pint of diet coke cost 3, for example. I know it's a hotel but that doesn't encourage me to use their facilities, especially after shelling out for a room.
The location wasn't great, either. A good half hour from Kingston-Upon-Thames at a brisk walk or bus journey, depending what suits you best. There's a cash machine but it's one that charges. There's also a 'shop' for forgotten basics but they're quite pricey.
The only redeeming feature was that they have smoking rooms, which was very welcome at that time of year!

Unique Qualities: Smoking rooms available.

Address: Beaufort Road, Kingston Upon Thames, KT1 2TQ, gb
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Take the 281 bus towards Surbiton. Ask for Surbiton high street. Continue along larger road, cross road at corner past school. Walk up hill until you see the sign for Antoinette Hotel. Turn left. You'll see it - half-way down the road.
Phone: 448445678955
Price: US$180 and up
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.antoinettehotels.com

• Written Dec 3, 2007

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Have you been to Kingston upon Thames?