Restaurant Zoe - To Re Open Jan 2012: "I need to eat here more often..." Seattle Restaurant Tip by Sunshine64

Seattle Restaurants: 630 reviews and 799 photos

...when I can afford it.
Here's how my last visit to Zoe went:
I looked at the menu and NOTHING said "order me". The one thing I was leaning toward one of my friends ordered, so at the last minute, I ordered lamb. I have never ordered lamb at a restaurant before in my life. I didn't even think I liked lamb. It was delicious. So was everything else all my friends ordered. That's the kind of restaurant Zoe is. All the food is good - even if you don't think you will like it. Granted, you have to have an open mind. This is not a meat-and-potatoes restaurant.

The atmosphere is trendy/swanky, but we all wore jeans. It's Seattle. People came in in ski shells (it was snowing/raining). And some people were all dolled up.

Favorite Dish: Definitely get one of the specialty cocktails before you move on to wine. Their custom version of the French 75 is delicious, and so is the drink called Stormy Weather, which comes with an inside out drink umbrella :)

Had some kind of ricotta gnocchi for an appetizer which was delightful - as was the tuna tartare.

Of all the dishes we ordered, I think the braised short ribs were the most fall-off-the-bone delicious.

Oh - and the butterschotch Pot de Creme was to die for!

Address: NEW: Corner of 14th & Union OLD:2137 2nd Ave
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: In the process of moving from Belltown / Downtown to Capitol Hil
Price: US$41 and up
Rating: 5
Theme: Local

• Updated Oct 23, 2011

Sunshine64 Lives Here!

“Leap, and the net will appear”

Have you been to Seattle?