Parc 55 Hotel: "Union Square Hotel, Great San Francisco Location" California Hotel Tip by zeusapollo

California Hotels: 188 reviews and 173 photos

I was in San Francisco for a few days visiting family and friends before a business trip to Las Vegas. I found the Park 55 Hotel on the internet from Germany, where I live. I wanted something near Union Square, but I did not want to pay $400 per night. This hotel was the second best deal in the area. The best deal was right next to the Cable Car turnaround and that would be way to noisy for me.

This hotel is right next to the Powel Street Bart Station. Across the street is a shopping mall that includes Nordstrom and Bloomingdale's. Just two blocks away is Union Square with all the shopping, two more blocks takes you to the entrance of China Town. It was just an ideal location.

My room was very well appointed. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was dated, but clean and all the plumbing worked well. The hotel is very large and it is used by many airlines for their crews. I saw them in the lobby every morning. There is a Starbucks two blocks away where I went for a wireless connection. A good stay.

Unique Qualities: Location, location, location. For the location, you cannot beat the price.

Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Union Square
Price: US$180 and up
Theme: Hotel

• Updated Dec 2, 2007

“It is not the places, it is the people”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Have you been to California?