"Take the Onomea Bay Scenic Drive" Top 5 Page for this destination Hawaii (Big Island) Things to Do Tip by AKtravelers
Hawaii (Big Island) Things to Do: 375 reviews and 910 photos
North of Hilo on Highway 11 on the Hamaka Coast, you'll see a sign for a scenic drive. Take it! It will put you on a four-mile winding road through a tropical rainforest around a spectacular bay. At the midpoint of the drive, you'll see an area with a couple of tricky pull-offs and a semi-paved hiking trail that leads down to a shady, secluded rocky beach. If you have the time, it's worth the walk, though you'll want to go armed with bug spray as the mosquitoes are hungry! If you're lucky, there wil be a guy selling tropical fruts at the trail entrance.
More Things to Do in Hawaii (Big Island) (19)
More Reviews (25)
- See All Rent a House in Kapoho
- See All Hike Devastation Trail to the Crater Rim
- See All Write Words on Lava -- Beats Paint...
- See All Ken's: Get There Early for Breakfast!
- See All Rare Silverswords: Hawaii's Endemic...
AKtravelers' Related Pages
Have you been to Hawaii (Big Island)?Share Your Travels