Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers: "Great Service, everything else a let-down" Hong Kong Hotel Tip by proberts9999

Hong Kong Hotels: 770 reviews and 865 photos

Let me start by saying all the staff I interacted with were fantastic. No complaints at all with the people- very nice, very friendly. The bed was also comfortable. The rest was a disappointment. I and a business partner had two deluxe rooms. The couch in both rooms had what looked like...ummm..."spooge" all over it, and I mean *ALL* over it on one of them. Maybe they'd been cleaned, but the fabric (brown faux suede) didn't hide the stains. The appointments in the room were odd: in the bathroom, the walls and floor were stone, the counter and sink glass, but the ceiling was an office-style white drop ceiling. The food in the cafe and Chinese place was bad and expensive (HK$450 for the cafe buffet, HK$45 for a small bottle of soda, HK$75 for a bottle of water.) Everything had a "10% service charge" added to the point where it became a running joke for us (maybe that's just HK?). In-room internet access was HK$120 per day. Compared to another hotel we checked out just up the street, we felt we were completely ripped off. Sadly, this is the exact same experience (minus the spooge) I had at the Sheraton Kauai in Hawaii. I guess I've learned my lesson.

Unique Qualities: Pros: Close to Star Ferry, Metro, shopping. Friendly staff. Clean rooms (except for couches)
Cons: Expensive wanna-be-luxury hotel chain.

Address: 20 Nathan Road Kowloon Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR China
Directions: TST, Kowloon, HK
Price: US$180 and up
Theme: Hotel

• Written Nov 26, 2007

proberts9999's Related Pages

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Have you been to Hong Kong?