"Yangon" Top 5 Page for this destination Myanmar (Burma) Things to Do Tip by Mique

Myanmar (Burma) Things to Do: 464 reviews and 930 photos

by Mique

Of course everybody (or almost everybody) will arrive sooner or later in Yangon. I'm glad it was later for me since it isn't my favorite place in Burma. Don't get me wrong, it can be an excellent start but i must admit i liked the way i got acquainted with this country from the other side (chinese border).

There are many things to do in Yangon. And even though most people stay here only for a few days, there is much more to see and do. True, with limited time on your hands you might not want to linger too long. There are more interesting places to visit.

Must sees in Yangon though are of course the most famous pagoda of all Shwedagon. For which you need to take your time to appreciate it well. Sule pagoda is the heart of the city and even though it doesn't take up much of your time, i really like visiting this place every once in a while. And a must for last minute shopping (or just for a stroll for as long as you can bear the hawkers) a visit to Bogyoke market. A place where every once in a while i go to myself even now after having lived here for a while. They do have some very nice stuff (like beautiful longyi's and tops....)

Other things to do here are a trip on the circle line (train ride), visiting the Bogyoke Aung San museum and the national museum. All of which i haven't visited myself yet. Shame on me. I'll see if i can make time in the next week or 2 but it might have to wait till i get back.

• Written Nov 25, 2007

Mique Used To Live Here!

“Be yourself, everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde (thanks Luna!)”

Have you been to Myanmar (Burma)?