"Rocco's Plum Tomato" Toronto Restaurant Tip by lohki

Toronto Restaurants: 830 reviews and 878 photos

This is a great neighbourhood trattoria, with a colourful, almost zany approach to design and decoration.

In the summer time the large patio is a great spot for people watching, and who could resist sitting in the glow of Honest Ed's circus like exterior!

With Toronto being known for famous restaurants you might not go out of your way to eat here, but if you are in this area and don't feel like sushi or Korean BBQ this is a good option.

I also love that you can buy a 1/2 litre of wine at Rocco's. Sometimes that is hard to find in Toronto although many have half bottles.

Favorite Dish: The pancakes with bacon were great today, and I am told the omlette was equally tasty.

Brunch portions are plentiful and the menu makes me wish I liked eggs, but everything seems to be served with potatoes and a "mini fruit kabob" --which was really a piece of strawberry and a piece of cantaloupe on a tooth pick. I will go back for brunch again.

I have also had a very tasty pizza here (thin crust) and the seafood antipasta.

Brunch items range in price from 6.00 to 9.00 dollars CDN.

Address: 585 Bloor Street West
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: One block west of Bathurst Street on the south side of Bloor Street.
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 4
Theme: Italian

• Written Nov 25, 2007

Comments

lohki Lives Here!

lohki

“"I paid full price for this freak show. Now nourish the child within me!" Homer J. Simpson”

Have you been to Toronto?