"A real find - part two" Top 5 Page for this destination Correra 241 Hotel Tip by toonsarah

Correra 241 Hotel, Naples: 179 reviews and 10 photos

Our bedroom, seen from the sitting area

Our bedroom, seen from the sitting area
    by toonsarah
      Another view of the bedroom
    by toonsarah
      Sitting area, with door leading to bedroom beyond
      Sitting area
    by toonsarah
      View of courtyard from window in sitting area
    by toonsarah

(please see my other tip on this hotel for all the general info you need)

Unique Qualities: Our room
We had room 112 and loved it, but I should say straightaway that if you are tall you should ask for a different room – likewise if you find stairs difficult. We climbed the steep little flight above the breakfast area, and found ourselves in what was almost a suite, with a sitting area with TV and mini-bar (stocked with soft drinks and water – we weren’t charged for the latter). This led to a good sized bedroom area with a king-size bed covered in a dark blue spread and dotted when we arrived with jewel-like sweets, and no other furniture apart from the scatter cushions strewn across the floor (over 30 of them!) The bathroom though, which led off the sitting area, was tiny and like the rest of the suite had a very low ceiling – I’m just 5 foot 6 inches (1 metre 68 cms) and my head almost touched the ceiling when in the shower!

Apart from its size, another thing we appreciated about this room is that it was at the back of the hotel with all its windows overlooking the courtyard. Rooms at the front would certainly be noisier in this city that seems never to sleep or even pause for breath. The only sounds were heard though were of breakfast being prepared in the mornings which, as they were accompanied by the delicious smells of espresso and pastries, we were easily able to forgive if not ignore!

So my recommendation would be, if you’re not too tall for it, do ask for room 112 when booking. If not, ask for a downstairs room, preferably at the back – the one I peeked into had a very high ceiling, but you should be aware too that I read a review elsewhere which said that in some of the rooms the bathroom is in a loft, up a steep flight of stairs!

Address: Via Francesco Saverio Correra 241
Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Near Piazza Dante metro – walk a few minutes north of McDonalds on Via Pessina and turn left
Phone: 39 081 19562842
Price: US$40-80
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.correra.it/

• Updated Nov 25, 2007

More Hotels in Naples (1)

Comments

toonsarah

“I slept on the strange pillows of my wanderlust”

Have you been to Naples?