Hotel Henna: "One to avoid" Top 5 Page for this destination Jaisalmer Hotel Tip by Willettsworld

Jaisalmer Hotels: 56 reviews and 100 photos

• One to avoid - Jaisalmer
      Far off view of the fort from hotel
    by Willettsworld
      Close-up view of the fort from the hotel
    by Willettsworld

As I was travelling on the train to Jaisalmer from Jodhpur, a young chap came along and presented me with a card for this hotel and did the same to a few other tourists I got talking to in my compartment. He spoke about how cheap it was a the offer of free transport to it from the station. I wanted to stay inside the fort but thought that I would spend the night outside before taking a camel trek and then stay inside the fort after the trek. I decided to give him a try and so did the other tourists I was with. We all got into a new black 4x4 which was waiting at the station upon our arrival. We got to the hotel and I was shown a large clean room with bathroom with hot water in the morning for just Rs150. I thought I'd stick it out and save some money so I could stay in a nice place in the fort. There's a small restaurant on the roof with a great view of the fort. Service is slow but the food is OK and there's plenty of choice. They, of course, do camel treks here. I enquired for a 2-day trek and the guy first quoted me a price of Rs3200 but I got him down to Rs2200 and this also included a free nights stay afterwards. A girl who was also staying at the hotel, and who I went on the trek with, got hers for Rs2000. See my tips about the trek. Reading other reviews of this place on the net, it looks as though I paid way too much. Don't pay more than Rs1200 for a 2 day trek. This place has been mentioned for its hard camel trek sells or you're out the door. My trek was very good and I enjoyed it which was the main thing even though I probably paid too much!

Theme: Hotel

• Written Nov 24, 2007

Comments

Willettsworld

“"Don't listen to what they say. Go see." ~ Chinese proverb”

Have you been to Jaisalmer?