"Friendly and cosy backpackers hostel" Southern Laughter Lodge Tip by tournoy

Southern Laughter Lodge, Queenstown: 239 reviews and 0 photos

I stayed here during my stay in wonderful Queenstown and I really like this cosy hostel. Itīs not on the main road, so you donīt have the noise and shouting that happens over there, but it will only take you a one minute walk to get there.
I stayed in the best rool ever, with our own balcony overlooking the mountains that surround Queensotwn. So all you need then is a Ferburger and youīre set.
We had one shower for the eight of us, which sounds like a lot of people for one shower, but most of them are up early anyway to go snowboarding or skiing. So thatīs not really a problem.
So i definately recommend this lodge due to its friendliness and good location. (Popular Magic Bus accomodation)

Unique Qualities: The view is indescribable. Mountains everywhere and close to the Gondolas that take you up the mountain to the luge. No pool, but they do have a spa, great when itīs minus 10 outside.
The kitchens are well equipped and plentifull (three of them) and the rooms have got some singlebeds in them, so not always bunk beds!

Address: 4 Isle Street, , Queenstown, South Island 9502
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Phone: +64 3-441 8828
Price: US$20-40
Theme: Hostel
Website: http://www.southernlaughter.co.nz/

• Written Nov 22, 2007

Comments

tournoy

“Donīt go where all the tourists go!”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Have you been to Queenstown?