"Worst Hostel in Australia" Global Backpackers Central Tip by johansyd

Global Backpackers Central, Cairns: 149 reviews and 5 photos

Hostels are cheap and the service isn't to good, but you have to draw the line some where. I had a bunk bed there just so I could store my luggage while I was at The Great Barrier Reef. It was very untidy and unclean, but most hostels are. When I came back, I found that my luggage was gone. It was a computer bag made of leather. I had cloths, my 400 dollar electric shaver and all the pictures from the trip in it. It turned out the hostels cleaning staff had mistaken it from garbage and thrown it out. One thing is clear. My computer baggage could not have been mistaken for garbage so that leaves only two options. They stole my luggage or they are totaly incompetent. They said it was my fault since the luggage was standing to near to a rubbish bin, they refused to give me any compensation, they where very rude and laught at me behind my back. I would advice travellers against staying at this hostel.

Unique Qualities: They have a pool that noboy uses. The kitchen is OK, but the fridges are very unclean. The balcony and 50 inch tv screen is two of the best features about this place.

Address: Near to the pire
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Phone: 61 7 4031 7921
Price: US$20-40
Theme: Hostel
Website: http://www.globalbackpackerscairns.com.au/central

• Written Nov 22, 2007

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.