Restaurant Café Landtmann: "Elegant Coffee House" Top 5 Page for this destination Café Landtmann Tip by longsanborn
Café Landtmann, Vienna: 12 reviews and 21 photos
You should give Café Landtmann a try if you want to have a genuine Viennese coffee house experience. The Café Landtmann is an elegant coffee house and it has been in business since 1873. It is located next to the Burgtheater on the Dr.-Karl-Lueger-Ring road. Café Landtmann serves quite a large variety of beverages and different versions of coffee, tea and hot chocolate as well as excellent quality cakes and sweets. They also serve superb warm Viennese dishes.
Recently (early 2007), they have added a Wintergarden (a glass-enclosed outdoor seating area) next to the Restaurant/Café. If you can get a table there, it is wonderful to have hot coffee on a cold winter's day, while sitting in the Wintergarden room and watching snow falling gently around you. Fantastic experience!
Opens Daily from 7.30am to 12pm.
Favorite Dish: Salon Einspänner = double espresso in a special glass, topped with whipped cream.
Großer Mokka / Großer Brauner = Double espresso black or with milk
Wiener Melange = Half espresso, half hot frothy milk
Franziskaner = Half espresso, half hot frothy milk, topped with whipped cream
Heisse Schokolade mit Schlagobers = Hot chocolate with whipped cream
Oma?s Schokohäferl = Double cup of hot chocolate with whipped cream
Wiener Schokolade = Hot chocolate with rum and whipped cream
Schokolade "Schönbrunn" = Hot chocolate with Cointreau & whipped cream
Address: Dr. Karl Lueger Ring 4, 1010 Vienna
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Public transport - Tram 1, 2 and D until Rathaus stop - or U-Bahn train U2 until Schottentor or U3 until Herrengasse. Or you can walk until you reach the Rathaus (Town Hall) or the Burgtheater.
More Restaurants in Vienna (86)
More Reviews (86)
- See All Mozart Balls (Not what you think)
- See All Route change in Tram No. 1 and No. 2
- See All Opposite the VIC/UNO City and Austria...
- See All Visit the Tiergarten Schönbrunn...
- See All Vienna and the Euro 2008
- See All Check out Taborstrasse in Leopoldstadt...
- See All Beware of Handphone Snatchers!
- See All Soft Romances at Museum Quartier
- See All To Tip/Not to Tip? How much? Tough...
- See All Roller Blading in Vienna's Many Parks
- See All Prepare for a Hot, Hot, Hot Summer
- See All Only for the Ladies!
longsanborn's Related Pages
Have you been to Vienna?Share Your Travels