"Flammkuchen - adopted from France's Alsace" Top 5 Page for this destination Land Rheinland-Pfalz Restaurant Tip by Trekki
Land Rheinland-Pfalz Restaurants: 45 reviews and 104 photos
The vicinity to France's Alsace and the fact that both regions often belonged together in the course of time brought us Flammkuchen. This is the thin crispy pizza-like "Tarte Flambée" as it is being called in Alsace. It tastes delicious and as you can see from my photos, a variety of different toppings are offered. The classic version is in my first photo: onions, bacon and cream sauce.
VTer Jean-Louis has visited his Alsace and wrote extensively about the villages. For a detailed description of the French version of Flammkuche, called Flammekueche, please see his Flammekueche at Kintzheim
© Ingrid D., November 2007 (So please do not copy my text or photos without my permission.), update April 2015: wording
Price Comparison: least expensive
Price: less than US$10
More Restaurants in Land Rheinland-Pfalz (8)
More Reviews (73)
- See All Palatinate: Mediterranean climate and...
- See All Hauenstein: shoes - until you drop :-)
- See All Lovely stay, outside of the town walls,...
- See All Ticket machines might not *read new Euro...
- See All The wonderful Palatinate dialect :-)
- See All German-French farmers' market in the...
- See All Trekking in Palatinate!!! Can't believe...
- See All Rheinland-Pfalz Ticket, saves money!
- See All Many castles on the French-German border
Been to Land Rheinland-Pfalz?Share your travels with the world!
Trekki's Related Pages
Have you been to Land Rheinland-Pfalz?Share Your Travels