The Orchard at the DoubleTree: "Skip dessert" Top 5 Page for this destination Claremont Restaurant Tip by MsStarlite

Claremont Restaurants: 23 reviews and 23 photos

Use your entertainment card here and have an entree, though the selections are pretty limited. My beef? Dessert was the biggest rip off ever! The dessert is obviously not fresh. With the exception of items made with their fresh baked cookies (which might be great if so many people weren't allergic to the walnuts in them) all other desserts are most likely defrosted confections. Our tiramisu was the most discusting thing I've had in a long time. I just wanted to get our check and leave. It was not rancid or anything like that, but it was literally all cream, no hint of rum or espresso whatsoever, and "Where's the cake?" There was no flavor, I thought it was just terrible. Our server was one of those who brought the dessert and left us there forever. Luckily I was able to flag down another server who knew the signs of a guest in distress and got our check for us.

That said, I would likely go back and use my entertainment card here to get an excellent deal on lunch or dinner, but I would rather go elsewhere for dessert.

Favorite Dish: I don't have one yet and it may be a while before I go back. I had the caesar salad wrap and though it was tasty, it was very oily and messy. My dining partner had a burger that he said was good. Not great, but good. Without the discount I would likely not be returning, but with it this place becomes a reasonably priced spot with nice atmosphere.

Address: 555 West Foothill Blvd, Claremont, California, USA
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: On Foothill Blvd. West of Indian Hill Blvd.
Phone: 1-909-626 2411
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 3
Theme: American

• Updated Nov 15, 2007

MsStarlite Lives Here!

Ranked Member

Have you been to Claremont?