"Gem Scam continued...." Jewelery & Gem Scams Tip by aberacadabra
Jewelery & Gem Scams, Bangkok: 29 reviews and 10 photos
The take home message here are:
1. Never trust anyone that tries to befriend you in the streets. Thais are friendly, but they won't go all the way to such extremes of friendliness unless there's something to gain from you.
2. The Grand Palace is NEVER closed. If it is, then thousands of other visitng locals are wrong too.
3. The official looking friendly guy claiming to be a "palace official" isn't what you think he is (an official). He's one of the scammers operating at the palace gates. Expect him to give you the whole spiel mentioned above.
4. If it's too good to be true, it probably is. Exercise utmost caution.
5. And lastly, read the 2bangkok gem scam website before going to Thailand. Its database has an extensive record of anecdotes and quests for money back by the victims of these incorrigible gem shops. It is regularly updated with the names of questionable shops (with photos) and the methods used to lure unwitting buyers.
Address: Bangkok, Thailand
More Warnings and Dangers in Bangkok (2)
More Reviews (15)
aberacadabra's Related Pages
Have you been to Bangkok?Share Your Travels