Rose of Sharon Boutique: "Upscale Resale Shop" Antioch Shopping Tip by deecat

Rose of Sharon Boutique [Upscale Resale]

Rose of Sharon Boutique [Upscale Resale]
      Rose of Sharon Business Card
    by deecat

I've always been fond of resale shops. I find the most interesting and beautiful items that I could never afford at retail prices. Thus, I was pleased to discover on this most recent visit to Antioch, Illinois that there is a very upscale resale shop called Rose of Sharon Boutique. After learning that Sharon Westbrook is the owner, I assume it was named for her. Ironically, my grandfather named me after the Rose of Sharon Tree in our front yard. Very few people know that my first name is Sharon, but I have never gone by my first name.

Mickey and I were both impressed with this lovely shop. It is so well organized and presented. Most of the items that we examined looked brand new. The items are taken on consignment, and I'm sure that the owner is very selective in what she chooses.

There is additional parking [besides street parking] in the back of the store.

What to buy: From perusing Rose Of Sharon Boutique, I noticed in the organized sections such items as Business apparel, Casual and sports clothing, coats, jackets, and furs, jewelry, both fine and costume AND jewelry made by local artist.

It was interesting to note that they carry petite and plus sizes as well as junior and misses sizes.
Fortunately, they also carry designer purses and shoes.

One of the most beautiful areas had to do with dress clothing for special times. The items were quite elegant. It just makes sense to purchase special occasion clothing in a resale shop because you usually only wear them once or twice and they are so very expensive.

What to pay: %f*%s*The prices were much higher than most resale shops that I have visited, but the quality of the items were of much higher quality. Regardless, the prices are far below retail.%f*%s*

Address: 921 Main Street, Antioch, Illinois 60002
Phone: 847-838-1227
Theme: Other

• Updated Nov 11, 2007

Comments

deecat Used To Live Here!

deecat

Have you been to Antioch?