Dim T: "Dim T - noodles near London Bridge" Top 5 Page for this destination Dim T Tip by sue_stone

Dim T, London: 2 reviews and 10 photos

Tasty lunch
      Tasty lunch
      steamed pork buns
      View from first floor
  • Teriyaki - London
      Dim T
    by sue_stone

I do love noodles, but am a fussy eater and find that often the meals on offer at places like Wagamama are not to my taste. Then one day I was reading about a small chain of dim sum & noodle restaurants called Dim T which sounded promising - they have a 'Noodle Bar' where you can choose the type of noodles you want, and then match them with the 'topping' of your choice. The concept reminded me of my fav noodle place back in Sydney.

So, I was happy one Sunday when we went to do a tour inside City Hall, and whilst enjoying the panoramic views from the top floor I spotted a Dim T in the new More London development. That was lunch sorted then.

We received a warm greeting at Dim T and chose a table in the middle of the room. I liked the modern décor, and particularly liked the views from the first floor - looking over Tower Bridge (though this area wasn't in use when we were there). Service was a bit slow - our Aussie waitress explained that they were short-staffed - though friendly.

Favorite Dish: To eat, we shared some Steamed pork buns - well, how could we resist! And they were good. Main course for me was the Shanghai noodles, with chicken and the 'Healthy' topping of pak choi, peas, cashew nuts, broccoli & savoy cabbage. I think all meals should come with cashew nuts. Alex also had the Shanghai noodles with chicken, but chose the 'Teriyaki' topping, consisting off oyster mushrooms, spinach & sugar snap peas, with teriyaki sauce.

The serving size wasn't as huge as some of the other noodles places we have eaten at, but was more than enough. The ingredients were good quality and flavours were fairly good. The appearance was a little 'home cooked' in a way, and I liked that.

Address: 2 More London Place, London SE1 2JP
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Nearest tube/train: London Bridge is about a 5-8 minute walk
Phone: 020 7403 7000
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 3
Theme: Chinese/Dim Sum
Website: http://www.dimt.co.uk/

• Written Nov 10, 2007

sue_stone Used To Live Here!

Have you been to London?