"Echo ? the real Air Vision at the Arts Centre" Top 5 Page for this destination ARTS CENTER Tip by Kakapo2
ARTS CENTER, Christchurch: 18 reviews and 32 photos
It is always amazing to see how amazed people are when spotting the Echo in the main court of the Arts Centre, at the Cloisters.
The Echo is a simply shaped black metal frame attached to the surrounding towers by transparent threads. So the building shaped artwork seems to be hovering above the buildings.
From whichever point you watch it, it always looks different, reflecting the surrounding buildings. Or as you could say: echoing the originals. That is where the name comes from. As simple as that.
I have posted two photos of the Echo, so you can see what big difference a slight change of the viewing angle makes.
Address: Worchester Blv
Phone: 64 3 366 0989
More Things to Do in Christchurch (65)
More Reviews (178)
- See All Produce and fruit fresh from the orchard
- See All Local transport after the earthquakes
- See All Pure indulgence
- See All Scared Scriptless comedy show
- See All Accommodation after the February...
- See All Christchurch Heroes
- See All Tour Buses are no Banksafes
- See All Mountain Biking in the Port Hills on a...
- See All Succulent Steaks and Divine Desserts
- See All A new Maori Experience on the Styx River
- See All KoTane have found a new Source of Income
Been to Christchurch?Share your travels with the world!
Kakapo2's Related Pages
Have you been to Christchurch?Share Your Travels