"Public buses" Public bus Tip by ntm2322
Public bus, Beijing: 43 reviews and 38 photos
Traveling by public buses in Beijing is relatively inexpensive, a flat fare is usually CNY 1.00 for the whole line and it applies to downtown public bus/trolley bus/night bus No.1 to No.212 (this No.212 is a night bus).
Bus operating time is from 06:00 to 23:00 every day.
Who doesn?t remember a few years ago those long worn-out buses in Beijing always crowded and looking ugly and dirty? Today is totally different.
Beijing authorities have been gradually replacing them with energy-saving green buses equipped with electronic bus-stop announcements, IC card readers, electronic monitors, and passenger-monitoring devices. Some of them even have mobile television with live broadcast televisions. Just amazing.
The bus system in Beijing is divided in the following way:
- Urban lines - bus No.1 to No. 122
- Night buses - bus No. 201 to 212
- Suburb lines - bus No. 300 to No. 949
- Air-conditioned buses - beginning with '8'
- Double-decker buses - beginning with the character 'te4', what means 'special'
- Tourist buses traveling along special lines heading to many scenic spots
Although some buses along the route of Chang'an Jie or places where there are a lot of foreigners announce the stop names in both Chinese and English, however, most of the buses in Beijing make announcements only in Chinese.
Besides, buses drivers usually don?t understand English and the names of bus stops are written in Chinese characters. So, if you want to go to a specific spot, show the driver or other passengers a piece of paper with the Chinese name of your destination in advance, I assure you that they will gladly help you when the bus approaches the place where you want to go.
You should also know that buses during peak hour (06:30-09:00 and 17:00-19:00) are very crowded.
Theft is also a problem on buses. Pay special attention to your purse, mobile phones, small bags, pockets, etc., especially when boarding and exiting the bus.
More Transportation in Beijing (18)
More Reviews (92)
- See All Beijing duck (Bei3 Jing1 kao3 ya1)
- See All Learning more about Chinese people (2)
- See All Spring Festival ? most important customs...
- See All You're a foreigner, you are supposed to...
- See All Jing3 tai4 lan2 (cloisonné), inherently...
- See All Beijing?s ?art students?
- See All Li2 yuan2 ju4 chang3 (Pear Garden...
- See All For basketball funs
- See All Ice Lantern Art Festival at Longqingxia
- See All Travelling starts at home!
- See All HUTONGS of my life
- Qianmen's great hotel
ntm2322's Related Pages
Have you been to Beijing?Share Your Travels