"More important tips about Beijing taxis" Taxis Tip by ntm2322
Taxis, Beijing: 86 reviews and 49 photos
- When traveling by taxi if a toll is on the way you who must pay the fee (usually it only happens when you come or go to the airport).
- You will have to pay a 'waiting fee' if the taxi stops and waits for more than 5 minutes.
- If you take a taxi at night (between 11pm and 5am of the next day), the taximeter will automatically add an extra 20% to the fare price.
- If your destination is over 15 km (9.32 miles), you will have to pay a long distance fee in order to compensate for the return trip (even if you don’t return).
- If you are coming from the airport and your trip is more than 15 km (9.32 miles) long, an extra charge of 50% will apply for each additional km (0.62 mile).
- When entering a taxi you ask the driver to use the taximeter. You can even ask for a printed invoice when getting off as it contains its plate number, the company and the complaint telephone number, very useful if you have a problem with the driver or if you left anything inside.
- If a taxi isn't metered, the driver could be fined from CNY 100 to CNY 2,000, this detail can be very useful to you. In case the driver says the taximeter doesn't work, get off and take a different taxi.
- Although Beijing taxis have 'No Smoking' signs inside, many taxi drivers still smoke. If the driver smokes in the taxi or if he/she refuses to put it out, you can complain to Beijing Municipal Transportation Administration Bureau and the driver could be fined in CNY 100 or 200 (as a proof take a photo with your mobile)..
- If a taxi doesn’t have a license you simply don’t take it. You also reject those cruising taxis and the drivers who tell you the total charge of your trip in advance, they are illegal and will surely rip you off.
- At the Beijing Railway Station when you come out there are some unlicensed taxis around the station. They don't have taximeters. Ignore them, go out of the station square and cross the street, go to the COFCO Plaza (zhong1 liang2 guang3 chang3) where real and legitimate taxis are waiting for passengers.
Phone: Hot Line Service: 010-68351150
More Transportation in Beijing (18)
More Reviews (92)
- See All Beijing duck (Bei3 Jing1 kao3 ya1)
- See All Learning more about Chinese people (2)
- See All Spring Festival – most important customs...
- See All You're a foreigner, you are supposed to...
- See All Jing3 tai4 lan2 (cloisonné), inherently...
- See All Beijing’s “art students”
- See All Li2 yuan2 ju4 chang3 (Pear Garden...
- See All For basketball funs
- See All Ice Lantern Art Festival at Longqingxia
- See All Travelling starts at home!
- See All HUTONGS of my life
- Qianmen's great hotel
ntm2322's Related Pages
Have you been to Beijing?Share Your Travels