NoMi: "NMA-One of the best dining views in Chicago" Top 5 Page for this destination NoMI Tip by Dabs

NoMI, Chicago: 7 reviews and 24 photos

Dessert selection

Dessert selection
    by Dabs
      The pork loin was at least nicely presented
      View of the Water Tower
      View of North Michigan Avenue
      Chiluly decorations
    by Dabs

I had heard such good things about NoMi that when Mary (Beatchick) asked me if I wanted to join her for brunch for her birthday, I said sure! We met up with Katherine (Callavetta) shortly after they opened on Sunday for brunch, it was not very busy and we pretty much stayed for the entire time brunch was served.

Located in the upscale Park Hyatt Hotel, this is one of the best dining views in Chicago. If you get one of the coveted window seats, you have a fabulous view of the Water Tower, North Michigan Avenue (NoMi is short for North Michigan) and even a glimpse of Lake Michigan.

Favorite Dish: I thought the highlights of the buffet were the sushi bar with Jonah crab claws, jumbo shrimp, sushi and smoked salmon to name a few items and the dessert buffet with a wide assortment of delectable desserts and a chocolate fountain. Where it seemed to falter was in the middle part of the meal, you order an item off the menu as your main course, the selection was uninspired and Mary had to send her pork loin back because she found a hair in it, when the dish was replaced she didn't seem to be thrilled with it. I ordered an egg white omelet because nothing else caught my eye. Similarly the breakfast buffet was equally uninspired.

Granted, this was better than your standard brunch buffet, however, the price tag is rather steep at $55 per person. I wouldn't have minded paying that if I had been wowed...

Address: 800 N. Michigan Avenue
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: 7th floor of the Park Hyatt
Phone: 312 239 4030
Price: US$41 and up
Rating: 3
Theme: Other
Website: http://www.nomirestaurant.com/

• Updated Nov 7, 2007

Comments

Dabs Lives Here!

Dabs

“Never put off til tomorrow what you can do today”

Have you been to Chicago?