ILONA STUBERL: "Small Hungarian Restaurant in City Centre" Top 5 Page for this destination Ilona Stüberl Tip by longsanborn
Ilona Stüberl, Vienna: 2 reviews and 5 photos
This is a small Hungarian restaurant that serves simple but good Hungarian dishes. It's located in the city centre, a small street off the Graben (which is near the Stephansplatz church). The restaurant is small but charming and cozy. Tables and chairs are cramped into the small space, yet these create an old-city charm about the place.
In summer, they place tables and chairs outside by the sidewalk. The Brauner strasse/street is pedestrians only, and it is shaded by the tall walls of the 2 building blocks on both sides. It's wonderful to sit and rest one's tired feet after hours of shopping, having a cold beer and some gulash (hungarian meat stew) as snacks.
Favorite Dish: Beef Gulash, Pancakes filled with beef, and cold german beer.
Address: Brauner Strasse 2, A-1010 Vienna
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Go to the city centre, along the Graben, see corner street called Brauner strasse.
More Restaurants in Vienna (86)
More Reviews (86)
- See All Mozart Balls (Not what you think)
- See All Route change in Tram No. 1 and No. 2
- See All Opposite the VIC/UNO City and Austria...
- See All Visit the Tiergarten Schönbrunn...
- See All Vienna and the Euro 2008
- See All Check out Taborstrasse in Leopoldstadt...
- See All Beware of Handphone Snatchers!
- See All Soft Romances at Museum Quartier
- See All To Tip/Not to Tip? How much? Tough...
- See All Roller Blading in Vienna's Many Parks
- See All Prepare for a Hot, Hot, Hot Summer
- See All Only for the Ladies!
longsanborn's Related Pages
Have you been to Vienna?Share Your Travels