Pho Minh Thu ? Vietnamese restaurant: "Do-it-yourself soup" Top 5 Page for this destination Vietnamese Restaurants Tip by Nathalie_B

Vietnamese Restaurants, Oahu: 5 reviews and 7 photos

• Ingredients - Oahu
  • Interior - Oahu
    by Nathalie_B

It was my first Vietnamese cuisine experience and I enjoyed it. I heard about their soups and one day decided to pay it a visit. This place is hiding behind the 7Eleven store on Ena Road (corner of Kalakaua), so if you?re not looking for it specifically, you?ll never find it.
The place is very quiet, with some Vietnamese music playing in the back ground. It has some nice and very modest decorations. It?s owned by a family that does everything in this place from cooking and serving to washing dishes.
The soup was very interesting. First it had a very strong, but pleasant mint taste. Second it was served separately, so basically you make your own soup adding to the broth thick rice noodles and everything else that you ordered with it. Be prepared to get loads of green leaves. I didn?t bother to ask what they are; I trusted that they know what they feed me with. Their spring rolls were tasty too, I liked them a lot.
Hadn?t it been a take away I?d end up leaving with a doggy bag again. Instead the soup lasted in a fridge for 2 days and fed 2 people.

Address: 478 Ena Road
Price Comparison: least expensive
Phone: 808-946-2299
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 4
Theme: Pan-Asian and Pacific Rim

• Updated Nov 3, 2007

“Beauty lies in the hands of the beer holder”

Have you been to Oahu?