"Irish bar (of course)" Top 5 Page for this destination Waikiki Tip by Nathalie_B

Waikiki, Oahu: 14 reviews and 24 photos

by Nathalie_B

You didn?t think I?d skip it, right? Well, I?ve actually been to four of them and they all have different kind of an Irish atmosphere.
My feelings for O?Toole?s were mixed. It was a great, happy place with life music. The band was really good and as far as I know they?re playing every week, so if you see Doolin Rakes listed on O?Toole?s events? list be sure that you?ll enjoy it. The building itself is an historical place and looks exactly the same as it was over 100 years ago.
But, with all that happiness and popularity (the place was packed) they have no idea how to pour Guinness, believe it or not. All the pints were served half full, because they didn?t let the beer settle down properly, so it looked like a still-bubbling diet coke poured out of a can. Did I say it was overpriced? $6 for what they call a pint.

After enjoying the music for a while, we moved across the street, to another bar, where Guinness is GUINNESS!

Address: 902 Nuuanu Ave (corner of Merchant)
Phone: (808) 536-4138
Theme: Live Music

• Updated Nov 3, 2007

“Beauty lies in the hands of the beer holder”

Have you been to Oahu?