Joe's Diner: "Slow Joe's -3 Strikes" Santa Fe Restaurant Tip by uaamom

Santa Fe Restaurants: 140 reviews and 140 photos

I've been in 3 times under very different circumstances and the only thing that's been consistent is that they are S-L-O-W. Twice have been lunch occasions and once, dinner. It could and should be a bustling, efficient lunch spot. It's in a neighborhood, where people can walk in from home or drive from nearby business parks and that I saw as a plus.
But there is no excuse for the soup of the day to take 20-25 minutes to get to the table. It was OK -chicken and vegetables- but nothing special. The waitress was brusque and overwhelmed. I was late getting back to work.
Once, I had a really interesting dinner date and we talked forever but even then, we noticed the food was really taking too much time after about a 45 minute wait.
I wanted to support them because they advertise as a Farm to Table restaurant supporting and buying locally grown produce, but the slow service has been a total turn off.
The prices are high for what you get.
The next time someone suggests it, I will strongly suggest somewhere else like Castro's or Izmi.

Favorite Dish: Roland, the owner, entered a really tasty Thai coconut curry soup in the local Souper Bowl event. It was terrific, but they don't have it on the menu.

Address: Rodeo Plaza
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: In the plaza where Rodeo Rd and Zia meet. The Over Easy Cafe is a better choice for the money. It's stripped down but the staff is friendly and efficient and the food is great!
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 1
Theme: Diner

• Written Nov 2, 2007

Comments

uaamom Lives Here!

Have you been to Santa Fe?