Chart House: "Fine dining with an ocean view" Malibu Restaurant Tip by Dabs

Crabcake appetzier

Crabcake appetzier
      Chocolate lava cake
    by Dabs

I've been to the Chart House in Marina del Rey several times and was looking for a different place to take Grandma so when I asked where else to take her, it was suggested that I try a different Chart House, the one in Malibu. It turned out to be a great suggestion, Grandma really liked the location, the window seats have a fabulous view of the ocean and we were there as the sun was setting and it was spectacular to watch.

Favorite Dish: I didn't want to overeat and I knew that I was going to have the chocolate lava cake as you have to order it 30 minutes in advance so I ordered the crabcake appetizer as my meal. The crabcake was very good and mostly lump crab meat, not filler. It was perhaps a bit small for a full meal for most people but I also helped my dad polish off his Alaskan king crab legs.

The chocolate lava cake is awesome, I've had it on several visits to the Chart House in Marian del Rey. Grandma helped me polish it off, I'm sure you'd go into a sugar coma if you tried to eat it on your own.

Comparison: more expensive than average
Price: US$31-40
Rating: 4
Theme: Seafood

• Updated Nov 2, 2007

Comments

Dabs

“Never put off til tomorrow what you can do today”

Have you been to Malibu?