Outback: "fairly good steakhouse" Top 5 Page for this destination Morgantown Restaurant Tip by davecallahan

Morgantown Restaurants: 10 reviews and 19 photos

• fairly good steakhouse - Morgantown
      from the ads
      from the ads
    by davecallahan

I found the appetizers to be a bit expensive for a steakhouse but we tried the Cheese Fries anyways and they were pretty good.
The main meal was prime rib that had been basted and slow roasted so that it was crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. They slice it to your choice of cuts and serve it Au Jus.
Several people were ordering the special hamburgers but I looked at the menu price and decided that that wasn't such a good deal.
I did not like that they charged extra for things like mushrooms and onions added to the steak meal.

Being a steakhouse, they specialize in beef meals but they do have some selections in seafood and pastas. But the patrons predominantly order some form of the steaks.
They have a kids menu (called a Joey menu) that serves reasonable size meals for children at reasonable prices (I was tempted to order one of them instead of our main entree).

The place is like most steak houses with heavy wood furniture and booths and tables in the dining area. They have tried to give it an Aussie flare by putting Australian memorabilia and artifacts on the walls but I did not feel that I was in the Australian outback. The staff was pleasant and did not try to fake an accent. They took our orders quickly and soon we were eating a fine beef dinner.
The cost was well into $25-30 per person including beverages, tax and tip.

Favorite Dish: Prime Rib is in my opinion their best dish.

Address: 510 Venture Drive
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: take I-68 to exit 7 (Pierpont Road to route 73). go north on route 73 to Glenmark Centre mall and look for the signs.
Phone: 304-296-2896
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 3
Theme: Steakhouse

• Written Oct 31, 2007

“why didn't you tell me that 10 minutes ago....”

Have you been to Morgantown?