Amfora: "Endorsed by The Lonely Planet but Not Me" Top 5 Page for this destination Rovinj Restaurant Tip by Ekaterinburg

Rovinj Restaurants: 20 reviews and 22 photos

View from the Amfora
by Ekaterinburg

This is listed in the Lonely Planet as one of Rovinj's best restaurants -'expensive and packed in high season but you will eat well. ' I think high season is the important phrase here as this is an enormous restaurant with indoor and outdor seating obviously geared towards large crowds. In October with less than 10 customers it was bleak, lacking in atmosphere and definitely chilly. For these reasons I would not recommend it offseason. Offering mostly fish but other options as well, we chose two dishes each. I had a risotto atun and a pizza and my husband had a baked cheese and spaghetti carbonara. While all of these were fine, there was nothing we loved. The waiter was friendly and when I showed him the listing in Lonely Planet, came back with a card showing their new telephone number. This is a restaurant with a vast menu and obviously does a lot of fish dishes. So if you love fish and arrive when it's busy then I'm sure it would live up to its reputation. Offseason though I did not feel like going there a second time.

Favorite Dish: The risotto with tuna was tasty and a lot more filling than I thought it would be. I had to let some of it behind to leave room for the next course. We also tasted our first Istrian wine here which was good and inexpensive.

Address: Obala Aldo Rismondo 23
Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: This is in the section of harbour straight across from the main square . About five minutes from the centre of town.
Phone: +385 091 2050034
Price: US$41 and up
Rating: 2
Theme: Steakhouse

• Written Oct 30, 2007

Comments

Ekaterinburg

“Outside of a cat, a book is (wo)man's best friend.Inside of a cat, it's too dark to read. ( Apologies to G. Marx)”

Have you been to Rovinj?