"Could be worse" Broadway Hotel Tip by NedHopkins

First room
      My second room: #45
      Second room
    by NedHopkins

My main reason for staying at the Broadway was to enjoy the cuisine at its famed restaurant, Chor Bizarre (q.v.). Because of miscommunication between Asia Rooms, the hotel, and me, I was put into a standard room at a superior room rate. No big deal: at about US$80, the room was still a bargain by Delhi standards.

Or, rather, the rooms. I spent two (2) nights in a room that must have been designed to appeal to an eight-year-old.

Sometime during my third day in Delhi, the hotel moved my belongings to a room, next door, that was somewhat smaller but more adult.

My best guess is that an eight-year-old checked in, asked for his/her favorite room, and had to be accommodated.

No standard room has a window that looks out on anything but a corridor. Superior rooms offer views either of the street or of an urban mass that includes a large mosque.

Unique Qualities: At 5:10am and again a little after 7:00pm my repose was shattered by a loudspeaker-aided Muslim call to prayer. Since my rooms were in the middle of the hotel, I pitied those whose rooms faced the mosque.

The hotel has two bars: "Thugs" decorated with blown-up photos of American film and real-life gangsters and another adjacent to the restaurant. Meals are served to smokers only in the restaurant bar.

Address: 4/15 A Asaf Ali Road New Delhi, Delhi, IN
Directions: The hotel is located it a grimey commercial/industrial area. Most taxi and tuk-tuk drivers didn't know it -- or said they didn't -- but when I told them "Asif Ali Road" they always got me to the hotel.
othercontact: broadway@oldworldhospitality.com