EuroHotel: "I hope there are other choices for you." Carmen Hotel Tip by bigmutt

Carmen Hotels: 1 reviews and 0 photos

This is a 2 to 3 star hotel, even though they advertise themselves as five star. very ordinary accomodation at extraordinary prices. 1000 pesos per night, and no internet, even though they advertise as having internet.
When it was time to leave and go to the airport, they would not help us get a taxi. In fact it was raining and for two hours we tried to get a taxi but none were available, apparently; even out on the street, which we walked for one hour, in the rain; the buses would stop, see our luggage, and refuse to take us onto the bus. Finally a kind Pemex truck stopped and took us to the airport just in time to make our flight out.
We were SO relieve to leave this city !!! it's a sh_t-hole, that's the only way to describe it. I have travelled extensively all over Mexico during these last 6 years that I've lived here, and it's absolutely the worst place I've been in (and I've been in some pretty funky places !!).
The food was mediocre-to-terrible, and expensive. Lousy beaches, even way out of town where we were told the best beaches are. (250 peso taxi ride later, we discover that these beaches also were pretty poor).
Avoid this city like the plague !!!!

Unique Qualities: The only thing outstanding is the price: outrageously high for what you get.

It has a small pool, but the pool area does not get much sunlight, because it's enclosed between the four walls of the hotel.

Hotel advertises internet service but it did not work during the 4 days we were there, and no one seemed interested in finding out why & fixing it.

Address: Calle 22, Cd. del Carmen
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: six blocks north of the Zocalo; poor area, mixed with industrial, commercial and residential
Price: US$80-120
Theme: Hotel

• Written Oct 29, 2007

“My worst day riding is better than my best day working.”

Ranked Member