"Scuola or School - same difference !" Top 5 Page for this destination Rovinj Favorite Tip by Ekaterinburg

Rovinj General: 40 reviews and 75 photos

Enjoying a performance at the Scuola di Musica
      Enjoying a performance at the Scuola di Musica
      Oops !
    by Ekaterinburg

Favorite thing: I came upon the Scuola di Musica entirely by accident. Having struggled up Ulica de Amicis to visit the Franciscan Monastery( which was closed), I sat on the steps to rest and found myself surrounded by the sound of music. Not a hallucination caused by oxygen deprivation but a choir of girls performing just across the way in the Scuola di Musica. They were singing either trendy hymns or some sort of folksongs but whatever the subject the result was absolutely delightful. I wasn't the only one gatecrashing this performance and the two children you see in the photo were hanging onto the windowsill for dear life. At the end all the kids outside clapped loudly and it was very easy to romanticise this whole evidence of what seemed to be idyllic school days. When you get to my advanced age you tend to get nostalgic about these things. As I left though, I noticed a coat of fresh white paint covering something underneath but regrettably another coat of paint was needed. At the very bottom, in bright blue, someone had written something VERY rude. School ( or even Scool) it seems, inspires the same sentiments from its pupils everywhere........ even in beautiful Rovinj. I should point out here that my favourite memory is of the impromptu concert that I was treated to and not the graffiti. It was funny though !

• Updated Oct 29, 2007

“Outside of a cat, a book is (wo)man's best friend.Inside of a cat, it's too dark to read. ( Apologies to G. Marx)”

Have you been to Rovinj?